Monday, August 25, 2014

Isa Pang Magandang Linggo

"Another Good Sunday"
Hello po!! Kumusta po??
A Sister drew this picture of me.
 Thank you so much for your e-mails and support.  I love all of you so much and I look forward every week to hearing about the things going on in your life on the other side.  



 I forgot to tell you what Sister Tafiti and I got to do last p-day.  We went early in the morning to a recent convert's eatery.  We wanted to learn how to make Philippino foods and also serve her so we helped her and her husband cook.  It was so fun!!  But it also grossed me out a little bit to see the state of the cooking area... I guess if it is hot enough it will cook out the germs?  



Grabe naman.  Haha but we also wanted to build a relationship with her husband because he is not yet a member and he is too shy and always hides from us when we go over.  Anyway, it was fun and I think they really appreciated.  It softened his heart, because we had an entire conversation with him, which is a success.  
Sister Tafiti
 Then afterwards, another Recent Convert took us to his friend's beach house.
  


He agreed to let us go and study on his porch, so we got to do our studies with the most beautiful view ever. 



It was fun to do something a little bit different on P-day and take advantage of the beauty here in the paradise of Mindoro.  



 This morning we woke up at 5:30 and went to the church to play basketball and volleyball with the members.  It was my first time doing it here in the field and it was way fun.  It's nice to take some time to relax and have fun too.

Me & Sister Tafiti
Sister Lero, Sister Hingano, & Me
On Wednesday, before we left the island to go to the Trainer's training, the zone leaders shared a cool experience with Sister Tafiti and I.  Right now the mission is really focusing on our faith in Christ.  They told us about how three weeks ago, they were called to go and bless a member in a different branch.  Apparently she was possessed and it was an emergency.  When the elders entered the house, this girl was in a scary state.  She was yelling/screaming/running around/throwing things at the Elders.  The Elders admitted that they were a little bit afraid.  They finally were able to get their hands on her to bless her, but afterwards... NOTHING HAPPENED.  In fact, she got worse.  They looked at each other, troubled, trying to figure out what they did wrong.  While questioning their own worthiness, they stepped outside and called President Mangum.  He advised them to call the District President (President Mones) to come out and administer the blessing  While they were waiting for him, they were evaluating themselves and their companionship, trying to figure out why their blessing didn't work.  President Mones arrived and was completely calm.  He walked into the house not even phased by the girl's behavior.  In fact, he was talking to her and treating her as if nothing was wrong.  He laid his hands on her head, and while he was giving the blessing, it was as if she was asleep.  As soon as he said, "amen" she opened her eyes, was calm and a little confused, and was completely healed.  The spirit was gone.  The Elders were disappointed in themselves that they weren't successful.  They rode home with President Mones and he explained that you cannot be afraid.  Fear is the opposite of faith.  Even the littlest bit of fear diminishes our faith.  The Elders learned a good lesson that day and I am glad they shared it with us.  I was even feeling a little bit afraid to become a trainer, but I know that I must just have faith in Jesus Christ.


The trainer's training meeting was amazing!! So first off, they started by explaining how they have heard lots of sad stories of not-so-good trainer's in the mission (disobedient, controlling, lazy, etc.) and they just let us know how big of a responsibility it is for us to train, because we are building the foundation for the trainee's entire mission.  They quoted a few general authorities who said that the most important calling in a mission is the trainer... that they will have the biggest effect on the missionary's mission and in some instances their life.  Anyway.... there are actually only two sisters training and 15 elders.  President Mangum was teary eyed as he told us that the whole office fasted and prayed while they were picking those to train.  Him and the AP's did not consult with each other at all and made their own lists of who they felt needed to train at this time.  He said that all 3 of them compared their lists and saw that it matched 100%.  No variances.  He explained that the spirit inspired all of them and that it was revelation.  I still feel a little bit inadequate but I am so excited.  I know that I just need to depend on the Lord and it will all work out.  
Sister Hingano, Me & Sister Lero
Oh!! and one more thing.... there are two sisters... and they are both Philippina!! My next companion will be Pinay.  Sooooo excited.

 


Then Sister Tafiti and I went to Bauan to do exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders.  That night we became a little bit sentimental, and might have cried a little.  Hahahah.... but seriously, as excited as I am to train... I am going to miss her so much.  I feel like we are best friends.  These last two transfers have been the best two on my mission so far.  I have been so blessed.  The exchanges were awesome.  I went with Sister Smart who is actually studying at BYU and I also feel like she will be one of my good friends.  I learned lots from her and we were just laughing the whole time.

I love you all so much.  Thank you for everything.  You are in my prayers.
  

Sister Rasmussen
This is probably my favorite family in Calapan.  Brother Logmao, their daughter Aica, and her children.  LOVE THEM






Me & Jenny Rose
Me, Sister Tafiti, & Wayne




Jenny Rose & Sister Tafiti






Wayne drew this one of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment