Monday, March 31, 2014

Maligayang Tanghali!!

(Happy Noon!)
Elder Tabbilos, My district leader and favorite
I have so much to say but I have no time.  This week has seriously been incredible.  First off, we had zone conference on Wednesday and it was so incredible.  I absolutely loved it.  The spirit was so strong and I left ready to become the best missionary that I can.  Unfortunately, President Peterson couldn't be there.  We were all surprised that he wasn't there because he would never miss for ANYTHING.  But apparently, the day before he was at another zone conference and he gave his talk and then sat down and threw up in a bowl in the conference.  He woke up planning to come to ours but was not physically able.  Our district leader said he is in the hospital so we are all pretty worried about him.  We'll see...

Anyway, we talked more about how to become a consecrated missionary, and our training focus right now is getting our investigators to come to church. 


We talked about the significance of the sacrament and what it actually represents, and I feel like that sacred ordinance will never be the same for me.  Of course, we go to church to learn and fellowship, but the apostles have said that Sacrament meeting is the most important meeting in the church.  We talked about what it truly means as we partake of that little piece of bread and water.  Siemprye we are symbolically partaking of the blood and body of Jesus Christ, and as we partake, he becomes a part of us.  We take His name upon ourselves.  The more that I have pondered about it, the more I have realized that as we partake, we commit to align our will with his.  The Atonement: at-one-ment.  As Jesus Christ atoned for us, he was aligning His will, with the will of the father, as we too much align our will with His.  We are constantly striving to become one with Him, in our desires, our thoughts, and actions.  Our leaders challenged us to pause before we stick that piece of bread in our mouth, and really think about the covenant we are making.  Really consider how it renews our baptismal covenants, and what we must do to make sure we are worthy and clean to partake.  It is all one eternal round.  So I challenge you as well, think a little bit more about the sacrament before you partake this week.  What it means for you and your relationship with the savior.
Zone Conference - I absolutely loved it!
Earlier this week we were walking and ran into this sister.  She was so prepared.  Her and her husband have been really searching for the truth and we had an incredible lesson.  Ahhh I'm so sorry I have no time!!!

We also had a similar experience last night as a member worked with us and so we are excited about them.  I will follow up with you.

Jason is getting baptized this Saturday!!  Marylin will be waiting two more weeks because she is still a little confused about the doctrine, but it is ok because we really want to make sure she is prepared.  And by that time, Jason will have the priesthood and be able to baptize her.  So excited!


I'm sorry, no time, but I love all of you and you're all in my prayers.

Ingat po.




Sister Rasmussen!

No comments:

Post a Comment