Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last Email from the MTC...

 Wow I cannot believe all of the good news at home.  I am so happy that Rod and Tanya are having a baby!! I KNEW IT.  And that picture was priceless haha I loved it
Ok so I have a story for you.  So earlier this week I was sitting in choir and I can't remember what made me think of it, but I remembered the night of the setting apart and I could remember so distinctly what Dad said and how his voice was when he said it - it was so clear in my mind.  And I started to tear up.  I miss you dad!!! It was the first time that I have felt any homesickness.  But I miss you and mom so much.  I am so happy for you and I know that this is the right thing.  It is worth the sacrifice and I already know that I will learn so many important things by serving a mission.  Not to mention the opportunity to share the most precious gift with my brothers and sister sa Pilipina.  
Skyline Eagles; Eliza Glauser, Haley, & Bailee Bourgeois
I can't believe all of the blessings that are happening in our life.  We are so blessed and I am so grateful.  It would be so fun if Sister Brown for some reason was my trainer I would be so HAPPY!!! Ahh but then on the other hand I kind of want a Philippino trainer so I can learn Tagalog as quickly as possible.  I am nervous but just so excited...ahhh.  I want to immerse myself in the culture and put the American stuff behind me.  Our teachers told us that they don't really have mail in the Philippines because they don't have addresses so everything has to go straight to the mission office and they will give it to us at our meetings every week.


I am so excited pero nervous para sa mission field!! Ahh... It's going to be nuts and a completely different culture.  I don't feel ready but I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ I can do it. Greg, I am trying to follow your example of obedience - thank you for that.


Me and Eliza

Anyway, I can't wait to talk to you on Monday.  It will be nice to hear your voices.

Love you.

Sister Rasmussen.

No comments:

Post a Comment