Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kumusta po Kayo???



Our District with Sister Sharp.  Sister Sharp is my favorite teacher.  I love her!

Sister Patolo, Sister Ramsey, Sister Sharp, Sister Johnson, Sister Carter, 
 Sister Temwaaka , me, Elder Wooden & Elder Williamson
Pamilya Ko!
Kumusta po Kayo??? Can you believe that I leave on Monday?  So nuts.  It is feeling real.... both my anxiety and my excitement is increasing.  I don't feel ready but I will just dive in head first.  I want to be an obedient and successful missionary.  I am going to do everything that I can.  After class today I just decided that I am going to love the people in the Philippines with all of my heart.  I feel like I already do.  Sinabi ng guro ko ngayon araw, ganyan (Just like my teacher said today) there are two types of people in this world - those we love, and those we don't understand.  I want to remember that my entire mission, and my entire life.  I have had many humbling experiences here at the MTC and now is when I apply everything that I have learned and continue learning.
Our District with Brother Poole
Sister Patolo, Sister Ramsey, Sister Johnson, Sister Carter, Brother Poole 
(at back), Sister Temwaaka , me, Elder Wooden & Elder Williamson

This week has been good but sad.  I will miss my district and mga guro ko and everything that I have come in contact with here at the MTC.  But it is time to move on.  The field is white and ready to harvest.  White means that it was ready yesterday - working with the Lord, we need to hasten the work.  I have such a strong desire to work.
Today guro ko told some crazy stories about the Philippines.  Rats the size of cats, giant cockroaches, spiders, no toilet paper, crazy foods, delicious foods, maraming maraming mga tao (many many people), etc.  It will definitely be an adventure.  I want to go there and completely embrace the culture.  I don't want to waste time saying things like, "ugh it wouldn't be like this at home... or it's not like this in America.."  Instead I want to have an Philippino attitude.  I can't wait to experience so many new things and gain new perspectives.  I probably won't come home crying for dad to kill the spider in the hall - child's play.  Haha.

But our teachers emphasized that all of the funny experiences come second to the people.  They told some incredible stories about how the gospel blessed Philippino's lives.  I can't wait to witness stories like this first hand.
 Sister Temwaaka and me 
No one thinks that I can ever make 
an angry face so I was trying to.  
We said goodbye to our teachers today and it was so sad.  I will miss them and I have learned so much.  I would love to teach at the MTC someday and give back.  I have a feeling that leaving missionary work is going to be extremely hard.

So a couple of nights ago, Sister Temwaaka received her package and she was SOOOO EXCITED.  It was darling.  She was running and twirling around with it laughing.  When she opened it and saw the pictures and the scriptures I thought she was going to cry.  Thank you so so much mom and dad.  She kept saying over and over, "I'm feel so happy! My heart... I can't to control!!!"  She is so grateful and will be forever.  She wants to write you a letter - I am glad that you received the other one from her in the mail.  I told her that you two can be her parents too.  She was especially so surprised and happy to see that her name was on banal na kasulatan niya (her scriptures).  Thank you thank you.  You have touched her life.  Oh and thanks for the biscuits too:)
I know this gospel is true.  I can't deny it.  I have prayed about the truth of the Book of Mormon, and I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that it is true.
I love all of you.  Keep me in your prayers as I depart and I will pray for you palagi (always).
Mahal na mahal ko kayo.
Salamat para sa lahat na bagay.

Sister Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment