Monday, February 16, 2015

Majo nahihirapan ako pero masaya pa rin





"Majo difficulty but I'm still happy"
My beloved family....

 Me, Sister Krisubanu, Sister Keleher, Sister Koi,
and in the back is: Sister Taufa & Sister Japus.
Along with my companion Sister Maagad,
I live with Sister Keleher & Sister Japus.

Kumusta po kayo?  Nandito pa rin ako sa Sta. Cruz.

Too be honest it has been a little bit of a harder week and I don't have that much too tell you... but I have learned a lot.

Sister Krisubanu & Me
After Sister Kekauoha left, I became companions with Sister Krisubanu (from Malang Indonesia) for about 3 days.  She wanted me to ask Uncle Rod if he ever served there?  I think there is still only one mission in Indonesia.  She said that the members there believe that if you are an American missionary serving there and you eat a lot of spicy food that you will be able to speak Indonesian easily.  Haha I thought, "Uncle Rod must have been fluent because he loveeees his spicy food haha."  Anyway.. you should pass it on to him.  I have only met two missionaries from Indonesia but I love both of them.  I would love to go there someday... and now I have a couple flats I can stay at. :)

Me, Sister Oldem, & Sister Krisubanu
 Transfer day I met my new companion and she is AMAZING!! Ahhhh I love her so much.  She is way different than what I expected.  She is Philippino but her attitude and everything about her is like she is American.  She has a raspy voice and is super funny and I feel like we're going to have a crazy transfer (maraming kabaliwan at kalokohan).  She is from Dumaguate Philippines.  Anyway, she is a crazy good teacher.  Soooo inspired and personal and she uses all of these really creative and interesting examples.  I hope I can become like a human sponge and soak up as much from her as possible this transfer.  Hopefully we can become master teachers.  I know for a fact she was called here by revelation to help me, the sisters, and all those we are teaching.

Me & my new companion, SISTER MAAGAD
 We ended up going back to Ralph and Angelica... that poor couple that tried dropping us?  Yeah. We're not taking no for an answer YET.  We went back to them and they let us teach them a short lesson.  Angelica is already in Alma in the Book of Mormon.  She STILL READS every day and they both have such a strong testimony that both the Book of Mormon and the church is true.  They just feel so much pressure from their family and they don't want to cause any problems.  But they agreed to ask in prayer if this is the church they need to join and to act on that answer.  So we'll see what happens.  To be continued....

Sorry... that's about all I have to share this week.

Lesson of the week:

"It's more important to fear God than to fear people"



This week has been a little bit harder for me.  My companion got here and told me that she really really doesn't want to be an STL because she feels a lot of pressure from other missionaries.  It's like there is this attitude that it is bad if you are too serious/obedient/consecrated as a missionary.  She was feeling a lot of peer pressure from those other missionaries warning her not to "change" or "become one of them."

As I was listening to her, I was just trying to wrap my head around the idea.  All I could think is that it is so fun to be an STL and to help the sisters.  And that she literally just arrived in the promised land of the mission - the people are so receptive here and the ward is amazing.

But as the days passed and I started to come to know some of the things that apparently other missionaries have been saying about me... I let it get to me.  There has been a combination of things that have happened in the past few days and I have had a hard time, sometimes feeling alone.  But I just keep feeling peace and hope from knowing myself and my own intentions and knowing that Heavenly Father is proud of me.  The more I ponder, the more I realize that there is always going to be opposition/gossip/peer pressure along the way.  Choosing the right is sometimes a lonely path but you know you can be sure that you will be happy.

I feel that through these small little trials I am getting stronger and more confident in my desire to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength.

I am not sure if this really makes sense, but it has made a serious impression on my mind and heart this past week.


Me & Sister Oldem
 I love all of you and I am so grateful for your love and support.  Don't worry... I am still the crazy, loco Sister Haley!  The church is true! I love you.

Love, Sister Rasmussen


Sister Krisubanu in our kitchen

 Me, Sister Krisubanu, Sister Keleher, Sister Koi,
and in the back is Sister Taufa.

No comments:

Post a Comment