Monday, November 17, 2014

Handa na magbago

"Ready to change"
Family!!!


Oh my goodness this has been an amazing last week here in Calapan.... and we just found out some crazy news.  Both Sister Martinez and I are transferred!!! It's nuts.  We're getting pulled out!!  We don't know yet where we are getting transferred and if there will be Sisters coming to replace us or if only Sister Hingano and Sister Casila will stay and take over our area.  We are a little bit nervous because there is so much progress with our investigators right now, but I trust that whatever happens will be the Lord's will and they will be taken care of.  It is just nerve racking because I trusted Sister Martinez to continue the work and progress of our investigators.  But... it will work out.

Sister Hingano & Sister Cranston
  
Sister Casila & Sister Hingano
  I will be crying and sad to leave Sister Hingano.... she has been a part of 9 months of my mission.  I don't think I will ever see her again... :(

After getting our health back, I feel like I am back to my normal happy, giggly self haha.  It has been a really fun and successful week.

Sister Estelita came to church again and has lots of questions.  She lives so far away so we just teach her at the church but she is always willing to travel in order to be taught and is really eager.  She brought some verses from the bible on Sunday that said that we're not saved by our works but only by grace, so it was interesting and fun to answer her questions and show how the Book of Mormon answers and clarifies the questions that come from the Bible.  She still doesn't feel that she has received a solid answer about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, but I know that if she continues, she will receive an answer and will be baptized.

Jane, Recent convert.  One of my favorite members ever.
We also have a referral that we have been working with, Arlene Pantoha.  It has been so easy as the member who has referred her has been supporting her every step of the way.  She is super eager to be baptized because she feels the weight of her sins and anger towards one of her neighbors who she is struggling to forgive.  We have only taught her about 4 times, but I have seen changes from the first visit.  She explained that as she is repenting and changing, she has been receiving promptings from the Holy Ghost.  Once, she saw this neighbor that she is having a hard time with her, and she just felt that she needed to be kind in her interactions.  She followed the prompting, even when she felt like yelling at this person, and she could feel the peace and joy from her obedience and felt the anger leave her body.  She is also super diligent in her Book of Mormon reading and she basically writes an essay of everything she has learned.  She loves it.  When we invited her to be baptized, her only reservation was that she was worried that her son wouldn't be able to come and watch because he is super attached to her (like 4 years old).  We are really happy and excited for her.

Sister Estelita and Tatay Flores
Ryan and Joanne are also progressing really well.  They both attended Sunday School (which was actually a miracle because Ryan works and never wants to come).  They really want to get baptized but are just having a hard time getting the paperwork for marriage, but Ryan assured me that they will be baptized by June when I go back and visit them.  I know the Lord will take care of them.

I also had another miracle this week. 


Me & Sister Tafiti
Sister Tafiti received permission to come and visit Calapan last Sunday because she goes home in three weeks.  I missed her so much and I honestly thought that I would never see her again, because she is going home.  It was so fun to see her, especially with all of the investigators and members that we taught together.  That night they slept over, all three of my companions were in the same house.  Super weird.   
All of my Companions so far while in the Philippines;
Me, Sister Martinez, Sister Tafiti, & Sister Hingano
I'm kind of freaking out that I only have 7 months left.  I cannot believe how fast it goes.  People don't exaggerate when they say the mission goes by fast. Boys are lucky to have 2 years haha…  I want to make use of every single day and talk to as many people as possible. 

 Rolette and Sister Rodelette and me and a bunch of kids haha
 Sister Martinez knows that I have been a little bit bummed that I feel like I haven't had that many baptisms (or haven't been able to catch those I taught being baptized) and she joked that maybe I was just called to be a planter, not a reaper.  Hahah maybe... to be honest I don't really care.  I just want to know that I did my best and did everything I could to invite others to come unto Christ.  I love the feeling of finding new potential investigators and seeing the spirit work on them as they listen to the wonders of the restored gospel.  We tracted into two couples this last week who were super hesitant to listen to the message and when we first walked in I thought it would also be the last time that we taught them.  But by the end they had so many questions and were very anxious for us to return.
Me & Sister Martinez
  It is still warm here.  It rains but it is still warm.  I love the weather here.  I really do... I am so lucky.
I love this work.  It is the best work on earth.  I know this gospel is true.  I know Joseph Smith was called by God to restore his gospel.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and he is coming soon.  This is the 11th hour. 

I love all of you.

 Sister Rasmussen



Elder Burbidge (Old zone leader, new A.P),Sister Hingano, Me, Sister Casila, & Sister Martinez & Elder Pulido (our family in Calapan. All the missionaries serving in that branch).
Joseph Chavez... siya ang makulit sa branch namin & Me

Jenny Rose, Me Sister Tafiti, & Raywin


 Daryl Peralta (WML) and Joseph Chavez (punk of the ward haha)




Sister Martinez, Sister Joanne Sikat & Me

Me & Sister Joanne Sikat (The sassy relief society member)

No comments:

Post a Comment