Monday, April 28, 2014

isa pang linggo dito sa pilapinas! same parin!

(Another week here in pilapinas! still same!)
Magandang Tanghali po!

Sister Richman, Me, Sister Buckly, Sister Kekaouha, & Sister Ott
at McDonalds!
How are all of you? I miss you.  But... we had another great week here in Rosario.  Not one of us were transferred!!! Crazy.  All four of us are going to be here for another 6 weeks.  So nuts.  I am so grateful though.  I love Sister Ott so much.  We have become great friends and she honestly will probably be one of my bridesmaids.  Haha I am so grateful for her, because she helps me to be myself and we laugh all the time.  Sister Dicen is so sweet, and of course I love Sister Hingano.  She is so humble and sweet and just a great companion.  This area is soooo beautiful and most of all we just love the members.  I have grown so close to all of them.  They feel like family.  They are so willing to help with missionary work it is a dream.  Sister Hingano and I have set some pretty steep goals this transfer but we have our eye on the prize and we are ready to work our bums off.  We are so excited about all of our investigators.  Lots of potential and we are always looking for more people to teach.  I think this is the transfer where we will be able to see some of the fruits from our hard work.


Me  & Sister Hingano
"We are ready to work our bums off!"

A couple funny things that happened this week:  I am always the first one to wake up in the mornings.  One day this week I went downstairs to get ready to exercise.  I am standing in the middle of the kitchen when I notice all of this rice that has been spilt on the floor.  That's weird.  Then as I take a closer look (and keep in mind that I am bare foot standing on the floor) and I notice that the rice is moving.  Every piece is moving.  Nope... not rice.  Maggots.  Hahah sooooo gross!!! I started freaking out.  Sister Ott came downstairs and she started spraying permatox all over it.  So nasty.  We killed them and then swept them up.  It came from our garbage.  We didn't have any more garbage bags and so we were trying to use this one as long as possible.  But it smelled soooooo terrible.  We finally took it outside and burned it (one thing that I still haven't completely gotten used to.  Burning my garbage).  Anyway...

The mosquitos and bugs and stuff really aren't bad at all.  I never use bug repellent but I know I should start using it.  But especially in my area right now there isn't much of a problem.  Maybe in the raining season it is worse?



Haha just a funny fact.  Sister Ott and me went to a gym that is near our house this morning.  We think we will do it every p-day.  We got to ride on a stationary bike and on the treadmill and use the machines.

Oh my goodness... We think that our neighbor lady is trying to scam us.  She has been giving us our electricity bill and we think that she has been giving us her bill instead to pay because it is way more.  Anyway we're trying to figure it out.  And if it is true.... it is just sad that she is trying to take advantage of the church.  We should find out this week.  One thing that we might do is just not pay it and if our electricity goes out then we know it is ours but if it's hers then the truth really comes out.  Anyway... it's enough worrying about people's salvation rather than having to deal with our neighbor and the landlady!!

Jason, Me, & Marylin
Another day this week we went to Marylin for her to get interviewed for baptism and while we were waiting outside her husband was plucking the feathers off a freshly killed chicken for dinner.  I don't know what got into me but I asked for the honors to cut off the chicken head.  Hahah the first time I grabbed the head it felt like it was still alive.  I screamed and dropped it.  Haha but finally I got brave and did it.  I officially have cut off a chicken head.



Marylin has been so masipag and reading in the Book of Mormon... we know she is ready but she is going to wait another week.  Jason received the priesthood though and will be able to baptize her.  He will be blessing the sacrament this Sunday and I know he is excited for it.

Another day this week we went to Marylin for her to get interviewed for baptism and while we were waiting outside her husband was plucking the feathers off a freshly killed chicken for dinner.  I don't know what got into me but I asked for the honors to cut off the chicken head.  Hahah the first time I grabbed the head it felt like it was still alive.  I screamed and dropped it.  Haha but finally I got brave and did it.  I officially have cut off a chicken head.



Marylin has been so masipag and reading in the book of mormon... we know she is ready but she is going to wait another week.  Jason received the priesthood though and will be able to baptize her.  He will be blessing the sacrament this sunday and I know he is excited for it.

I am learning a lot about how to become a better teacher and a more effective instrument to help these people take the steps they need to enter into the covenant of baptism and accept the gospel.  But there are little miracles every day.  I love my district and zone. .  And I lovveeeee the elderly couples.  I feel like I just click with them.  They are so sweet and they kind of feel like our grandparents or our aunts and uncles here on the mission.  They come by once a month usually and check on the apartment and drop off packages and stuff like that.

 There was a new sister in my district from Australia that just went home.  Everyone did everything in their power to convince her to stay but she just really wanted to go home.  Who knows what the right choice was for her but I just couldn't help but feel so bad for her.  I have learned so much already and changed in great ways and I have only been here for four months now yata?  Anyway.... I am just so grateful for my growth.  I am grateful that I can grow and become a better wife and mother in the future.  Just a better human being- better daughter of God.  Thank you so so much for your support.   You have no idea how much it means.

But I am just planning on calling you on Skype at about 8 am the Monday after Mother's day which means it will be evening for you but I am not sure what time because of day light savings and stuff like that.  So you will have to let me know.  And it will be a different time for Greg.  But it will be Sunday evening for you both.  I will go to the nicest internet place I can find so that it has good connection.  But yeah... I am excited!!  Although, it feels like I just saw you hahaha
And I just received my real easter package.  It had my favorite candy (pez and nerds) and the pajamas and darling skirts and dresses and headbands and the generation charts.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Ahhhhh it was like Christmas.  Thank you. And Sister Hingano LOVES her pajamas; she just couldn't stop saying how sweet you are.  So thank you.  I love you mom.

I love all of you.  I am so happy to be here.  Probably one of the best decisions I will ever make.  You are in my prayers.
  

Love Sister Rasmussen


Sister Richman, Sister Ika, & Me






No comments:

Post a Comment