Monday, September 29, 2014

Magandang Hapon sa inyong lahat. Kumusta na po kayo?

"Good Afternoon to you all. How to please you?"
Sister Martinez and Me on our way to "training check-up"
Well family, another week has gone by and I can't believe I am e-mailing you again.  This week has been pretty slow.... it seems like one week is full of miracles and the next is hard. 


Sister Martinez and I went to San Pablo for a couple days for her "training check-up."  Here, they split up the trainers and trainees and then ask about the obedience and everything that is going on in the companionship.  Usually there are a lot of complaints and adjustments, but honestly there were basically no problems.  Sister Martinez and I realized how good of a companionship that we have. 


We were out of our area for a couple of days and then Sister Martinez was sick so it made it a little bit hard.  I have been a little bit worried about our teaching pool and feel that we need to build it up and do everything that we can to find those who are prepared.  I was feeling stressed about it when we came home from the check-up, but the whole day I just felt impressed that we needed to create a vision as a companionship and set goals of the things that we are going to do in the area before the end of her training and before I am transferred.  So we narrowed out who we really feel is prepared for baptism, set goals, and felt our faith strengthened.  Planning and setting goals really does help relieve stress and build your faith that you can work miracles.  We are trying to do everything we can to be exactly obedient, use our time wisely, and pray HARD so that we can find those who are prepared.  We are especially hoping to find a family, or complete a family before I go. 



Sister Martinez had a dream the other night that she saw a picture on the wall of this family that was baptized and she asked who the missionaries were in the picture and she looked closer and it was us.  Haha... so I'll just take that as straight prophesy.  Haha joke lang but yeah... we'll see if we can get some miracles happening here in Calapan before Nov. 20.

Right now, Sen (17 years old) who is super awesome about reading, praying, and says he wants to go to church every day, should be getting baptized Nov. 1 as long as everything goes as planned.  We also think Erika and Randy will be getting married and baptized soon.  We are just helping to strengthen Randy's testimony of the Book of Mormon and get everything settled.  I still remember the day that Erika approached us and asked us to teach her.  They have changed a lot since that day.  We are having a Family Home Evening with them later tonight, which I think will be fun, and help them feel closer to some in the ward.


I'm sorry that this is a short and somewhat boring letter.  The truth is, sometimes I just feel really tired and discouraged by the work.  Obviously missionary work isn't easy, and I knew that before I came out.  But I have found that the easiest way to get rid of those feelings is to keep going.  To just keep opening my mouth and sharing with one more person.  Keep praying that God will place those who are ready in our path, that the ward will work with us more, and that He can make my weaknesses strengths.  Then I think, I am so lucky to have the gospel in my life.  Out of all the people in the whole world, I was one of the chosen ones to have the truth, and I must do everything I can to share it. 
President Mangum, Sister Mangum, Sister Martinez & Me
Anyway, I have a feeling there will be some amazing things happening here in Calapan in the next month and a half.  If I can just ask for your prayers, to have the strength to keep going and to find those who are prepared.  Especially families.  I have learned that I need to be more specific in my prayers instead of just generally praying for the welfare of everything.  But I do pray about each of you and I hope all is well at home.  I love you with all of my heart, and I know that by the time I see you again this time will have gone fast. 
Ingat po kayo.

Sister Rasmussen


No comments:

Post a Comment